Cisco Bug: CSCvv07321 - DRAM clock frequency ext_ram_freq value need to reduced to 1066 for tortin
Sep 24, 2020
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- Cisco NCS 540X-ACC-SYS Router
- Cisco IOS XR Software
- Cisco NCS 540-ACC-SYS Router
- Cisco NCS 540-24Z8Q2C-SYS Router
Known Affected Releases
7.2.1.BASE 7.2.2.BASE 7.3.1.BASE
Symptom: DDR multi bit error (mbe) interrupts are seen on NCS540 devices followed by reload of the box. This issue is not consistent and could be observed varying from once in few months on some devices to none at all. To make sure reload happened due to DDR error, check that reload reason log just before reload shows as "Threshold Reached" and after reload check that in 'show asic-errors fia all all history location 0/0/CPU0' is showing DDR mbe interrupts and 'Asic Reset Errors' in it. Conditions: Heavy traffic should be running or traffic should be shaped around few ports such that ports packet buffer should get filled up and dram buffer should start getting utilized.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases