Cisco Bug: CSCvu69379 - [ADOPTION] 9800: Need GUI option to execute # ap name <AP-name> write tag-config
Oct 13, 2020
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Software
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-40 Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-L-C Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-80 Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-L-F Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-CL Wireless Controller for Cloud
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: When APs are assigned tags statically and then moved to N+1 WLC, unless the same static mappings exist on N+1 controller, the APs will come up with default tags. This i sby design. To save the tags to AP's persistent memory, the CLI to use is #ap name <APNAME> write tag-config Need a GUI option under 1) Configuration > Tags and Profiles > Tags and 2) Wireless Advanced Setup Workflow Conditions: Tags statically deployed and N+1 WLC does not have static mappings.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases