Cisco Bug: CSCvu47560 - Client goes into 'Exclusionlist' even if the "Client Exclusion is Disabled"
Oct 01, 2020
- Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-40 Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-L-C Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-80 Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-L-F Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-CL Wireless Controller for Cloud
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: If the client enters wrong PSK a couple of times, the user gets added to Wireless Client Exclusionlist even if the "global client Exclusion Policy is Disabled & WLAN policy profile too has "client exclusion" - Disabled, it has no effect. Looks like this feature is broken. #show wireless exclusionlist client mac-address 0017.7c88.13e7 detail Client State : Excluded Client MAC Address : 0017.7c88.13e7 Client IPv4 Address: N/A Client IPv6 Address: N/A Client Username: N/A Exclusion Reason : Wrong PSK Authentication Method : None Protocol: 802.11n - 2.4 GHz AP MAC Address : 2cf8.9bc5.6be0 AP Name: AP2CF8.9B15.8760 AP slot : 0 Wireless LAN Id : N/A VLAN Id : 39 Conditions: Client Exclusion feature is not working on 16.12.3 & 17.2.1.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases