Cisco Bug: CSCvu37389 - Traceback: When AP's interface operational status goes down, SNMP trap triggers, and device reloads
Sep 10, 2020
- Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-40 Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-L-C Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-80 Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-L-F Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-CL Wireless Controller for Cloud
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: The device reloads after this log message: "Radio reset due to 6 : One or more packets have been submitted to the radio to be transmitted, but have not been reported as completing for 60 seconds." Conditions: SNMP traps have to be enabled on the device, when the Radio reset for Dot11 triggers, a trap is sent for OID ciscoLwappApIfDownNotify (126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.513.0.11), this triggers a memory corruption that results into a software reload.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases