Cisco Bug: CSCvu35094 - Switch reloads due to fed crash after sending multicast data packets in pvlan
Oct 14, 2020
- Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Switches
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: A 3850 switch can crash suddenly, generating a system report with a FED process core within: Switch uptime is 3 minutes Uptime for this control processor is 5 minutes System returned to ROM by Critical process fed fault on fp_0_0 (rc=139) at <timestamp> System restarted at <timestamp> System image file is "flash:cat3k_caa-universalk9.16.12.03a.SPA.bin" Last reload reason: Critical process fed fault on fp_0_0 (rc=139) Conditions: - The switch has a Private VLAN configured - The switch is forwarding Multicast data packets through that Private VLAN Other requisite conditions are unknown.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases