Cisco Bug: CSCvu34653 - CSR stuck in Bootloop while upgrading to 17.2.1r on Azure.
Aug 29, 2020
- Cisco Cloud Services Router 1000V Series
- Cisco 4221 Integrated Services Router
- Cisco 4321 Integrated Services Router
- Cisco 4331 Integrated Services Router
- Cisco 4431 Integrated Services Router
- Cisco Cloud Services Router 1000V
- Cisco 4461 Integrated Services Router
- Cisco 4451-X Integrated Services Router
- Cisco 4351 Integrated Services Router
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Issue 1: CSR Routers on Azure gets stuck in a boot loop upon upgrading to 17.2.1r IOS, the problem occurs when CSR cannot detect CDROM/DVD, when the CSR attempts to boot any of these messages will be observed on serial console:- ERROR:No DVD device detected, unable to provision. Completed 10 tries. CSR main: boot agent enter: mounting cdrom No DVD device detected, unable to provision. ERROR: rc = WaAgent.MountCdrom() Issue 2: CSR1kv overrides the existing configuration with 17.2.1r bootstrap configuration when upgrading from a 16.12.X IOS-XE release software to 17.2.1r software version. Config properties that will be reapplied are: 1) hostname <> 2) crypto key generate 3) vrf definition GS 4)i p route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 GigabitEthernet1 <> 5) ip route vrf GS 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 GigabitEthernet1<> global 6) app-hosting appid guestshell config 7) ip access-list standard GS_NAT_ACL Conditions: Perform an IOS upgrade to 17.2.1r using Azure.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases