Cisco Bug: CSCvu19498 - NTP packet does not reach NTP server when its hop is over 30
Sep 02, 2020
- Cisco Network Convergence System 5500 Series
- Cisco NCS 540X-ACC-SYS Router
- Cisco IOS XR Software
- Cisco Network Convergence System 540 Router
- Cisco NCS 540-ACC-SYS Router
- Cisco NCS 540-24Z8Q2C-SYS Router
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: NTP packet does not reach NTP server due to packet drop by TTL Limit expiry in case of IPv4 and Hop Limit expiry in case of IPv6. Conditions: NTP client is configured in the XR devices with an unicast IP address for NTP server and this condition happens when that NTP server is far away with TTL/Hop Limit over 30.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases