Cisco Bug: CSCvt96686 - 9800:seeing SWPORT-4-MAC_CONFLICT: Dynamic mac conflict with WlClient
Sep 29, 2020
- Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-40 Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-L-C Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-L-F Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-80 Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-CL Wireless Controller for Cloud
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: 9800:seeing SWPORT-4-MAC_CONFLICT: Dynamic mac conflict with WlClient Conditions: 9800 WLC With code 17.2.1 9800 WLC in HA using the RP port and RMI. Seeing below message. when client join or re-assoc. *Apr 22 18:17:03.159: %IOSXE-4-PLATFORM: Chassis 1 R0/0: cpp_cp: QFP:0.0 Thread:179 TS:00000000467953292340 %SWPORT-4-MAC_CONFLICT: Dynamic mac 586D.8FF0.884E from Port-channel2 conflict with WlClient, please check the network topology and make sure there is no loop. There is no network loop that can trigger this message as well. WLCs are in HA, RP and RMI are being used.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases