Cisco Bug: CSCvt57181 - Leaf sends packets to a wrong BVI MAC of ASR GOLF routers
Sep 10, 2020
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-40 Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-80 Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-CL Wireless Controller for Cloud
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: In a GOLF topology with two GOLF router, if the links to one of them go down connectivity is lost. ELAM show that the inner dst MAC is wrong (from leaf to GOLF router) and the packets are dropped at the GOLF router. Conditions: The topology : ACI Site 1 --> (Golf1, Golf2 being XE devices) --> MPLS cloud --> (Golf3, Golf4 being XR devices) --> ACI Site 2, and issue is at Golf router Golf1 and Golf2, which is originating the route with incoming MAC from ACI site 1, and hence Golf3 and Golf4 would have reflected that MAC along with local MAC to ACI site 2. ACI site 2 send packets to Golf3 and 4 with the MAC from ACI site 1, and GOLF 3 and 4 drop the packets.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases