Cisco Bug: CSCvt08645 - Cisco 9800: Multicast replicates over CAPWAP with global multicast disabled
Aug 29, 2020
- Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-40 Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-L-C Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-80 Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-L-F Wireless Controller
- Cisco Catalyst 9800-CL Wireless Controller for Cloud
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: On 9800, mdns bridging is enabled by default on wlan. However, until global multicast is disabled, we expect no replication over capwap tunnels. That is not the case on C9800. In a sizable deployment, (high AP count), this has been seen to cause traffic volume to the order of 3:1 egress to ingress, even leading to uplink link getting overhwlemed resulting in connectivity issues/ production impact. Conditions: Medium size deployment off 9800 with Apple clients.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases