Cisco Bug: CSCvs57435 - Optimize the Calling of timedatectl in ntpRunningStatus.sh sourced by etc profile
Jul 20, 2020
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 12.5
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Session Management Edition
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: timedatectl command is invoked each minute and timedatectl is a Client to the Service systemd-timedated , hence upon execution of command timedatectl , it Invokes the service systemd-timedated Each Minute which is not a Good Idea as Timezone of the System does not change that Often. Other Scripts that are using is "ntpCommands.sh" and "cli_ntp_status.sh" But these are not called as often as ntpRunningStatus.sh which runs each minute as a part of the cron Conditions: in 12.5.1 Release, It has been found that the ntpWatchDog Cron /etc/cron.d/ntpWatchdog that runs each minute is running a timedatectl command to get the timezone each minute which is not necessarily required as System timeZone is a One time time process.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases