Cisco Bug: CSCvs36904 - network scan tool can discover L2 connected clients with P2P blocking action enabled
Nov 10, 2020
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Software
- Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Have any network scanner tool (ex: fing app for android) on a wireless client which is associated to any WLAN on the WLC 9800. By running the fing app we can get the list of all connected clients (ip,mac,device type) on the 9800. Configure p2p blocking action drop on the WLAN, fing app cannot ping the list of connected clients, but we still get the complete list of connected clients on the wlan. Conditions: Aps in local mode connected to 9800 WLC.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases