Cisco Bug: CSCvr91980 - Fail to boot ACI image from USB in certain circumstances.
Oct 03, 2020
- Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 9516 Switch
- Cisco Nexus 9396PX Switch
- Cisco Nexus 93108TC-FX Switch
- Cisco Nexus 9396TX Switch
- Cisco Nexus 93240YC-FX2 Switch
- Cisco Nexus 93120TX Switch
- Cisco Nexus 93108TC-EX Switch
- Cisco Nexus 9372TX-E Switch
- Cisco Nexus 9504 Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: In some circumstances, when the switch is in the loader> prompt, booting from USB fails. Conditions: Let say the leaf switch is active and is running on version X. For some reason it goes to the loader> prompt. If from the loader prompt, you boot from USB with the version X image, the switch will boot up. However, if you boot the switch from USB with version Y image, the boot fails and afterward booting with version X also fails. So the condition is: In the loader prompt, boot the switch from USB with version Y image, while before the switch went to loader it was version X that the leaf switch is running with.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases