Cisco Bug: CSCvh87106 - D31 wcm ping failed with default ofdm-chan-prof 9 in use
Aug 23, 2019
- Cisco cBR Series Converged Broadband Routers
- Cisco ASR 1000 Series Route Processor (RP2)
- Cisco ASR 1002-HX Router
- Cisco cBR-8 Converged Broadband Router
- Cisco ASR 1001-HX Router
- Cisco ASR 1000 Series Route Processor (RP3)
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: When D3.1 CM switch from one WB to another, some of the CM fail to ping Conditions: This happens when multiple downstream ofdm profiles are available and the plant has some issues causing high MER rate on the best profile. Under this condition, some CM move to a lower profile but still work while a small number of CM use profile-id 1 and those CM fail to ping. The reason for ping failure is that the list of profile-ids sent thru DBC does not include profile-id 1. We only observed the symptom when BPI is enabled on the CMs. Further debugging shows that the initial RXMER probes are sent when CM reaches online state, before TEK is assigned. DBC operation to change profile assignment in this window would fail, leading to an error state that can't recover unless CM is reset. Once we delay the initial probing AFTER online(pt) state is reached, the issue is no longer reproducible.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases