Cisco Bug: CSCuw55651 - VCS Expressway TLP Install Authorization Vulnerability
Dec 12, 2016
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS)
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Model
- Cisco Expressway
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: A vulnerability in the web framework code of Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS) Expressway could allow an authenticated, remote attacker to install Tandberg Linux Packages (TLPs) without proper authorization. The vulnerability is due to missing authorization checks on certain administrative pages. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by using certain pages to upload TLP files as a read-only user. An exploit could allow the attacker to change the contents of the VCS Expressway. Conditions: Exposure is not configuration dependent.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases