Cisco Bug: CSCuw51513 - CAT6K stops communicating over the management port during VSS conversion
Feb 13, 2018
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco Catalyst 6880-X Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 2T
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: During VSS conversion process, if mac-address use virtual command is used, mac address of the physical interface may change. The new mac address is not learnt by the neighbor box using Gratuitous ARP, which causes telnet traffic to be dropped on terminator mgmt port. Conditions: Configure mac-address use virtual and convert switch to VSS mode. Or convert VSS switch to standalone mode.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases