Cisco Bug: CSCuw47005 - WRVS4400n_v2: Non-Unique Key and Certificate Generation Vulnerability
Jan 27, 2017
- Cisco Small Business RV Series Routers
- Cisco WRVS4400N Wireless-N Gigabit Security Router - VPN V2.0
Known Affected Releases
Symptoms: A vulnerability in the cryptographic implementation of this product could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to make use of hard coded certificate and keys embedded within the firmware of the affected device. ? The vulnerability is due to the lack of unique key and certificate generation within the affected appliance(s). An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by using the static information to conduct man in the middle (MiTM) attacks to decrypt confidential information on user connections. ? Conditions: Device running with default configuration running an affected version of software. ?
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases