Cisco Bug: CSCut57040 - MAC Addresses are not aging out of CAM table.
Feb 13, 2018
- Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 2960C-8TC-S Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 2960-24-S Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 3560G-48PS Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 2960-24TC-L Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 3560-12PC-S Compact Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 2960S-24PD-L Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 3560CG-8TC-S Compact Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-S Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 3560X-48T-E Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Hardware programming is not happening due to space crunch. Looks like we are leaking Station descriptors (SD) Conditions: We tried to reproduce the same issue by creating a stack of 3 switches and connected 3 PC's on these switches. Once done, we auto generated the mac-addresses from the IXIA so that the mac-address table of the stack gets full so that we can check if we are going to lose the mac-address of the connected device or not. Unfortunately, the issue was not reproducible in lab.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases