Cisco Bug: CSCut40462 - Packet drop on UDP capture for 170+ concurrent live recording
Jan 28, 2017
- Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite for Television
- Cisco TV Streamer Application
- Cisco Visual Quality Experience (VQE) Channel Provisioning Tools
- Cisco Visual Quality Experience Application
Known Affected Releases
Recording more than 70+ live HD channels result in packet drop in the ingest stream. Symptom: Packet drop will result in MPEG CC error which will in turn cause macroblocking Conditions: When all the ingests are sourced from unique IPs, with the same UDP destination port number. When the packet is reached at UDP socket processing level, as all the channels are using the same destination UDP port, all the sockets are hashed into the same hash bucket, causing a linear list, which is very expensive in terms of CPU processing, hence causing the packet drop.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases