Cisco Bug: CSCut37890 - Voice Gateway crash due to malformed ISDN Q931 message.
Feb 01, 2016
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-F-D Router
- Cisco ASR 901-4C-FT-D Router
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-F-A Router
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-FT-A Router
- Cisco ASR 901-12C-FT-D Router
- Cisco 7600 Series Route Switch Processor 720 with 10 Gigabit Ethernet Uplinks
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-FT-D Router
- Cisco 7600 Series Route Switch Processor 720 with Multilayer Switch Feature Card
- Cisco ASR 901-4C-F-D Router
Known Affected Releases
Symptoms: A vulnerability in ISDN processing code of Cisco IOS could allow an unauthenticated, adjacent attacker to cause a reload of the affected device. The vulnerability is due to improper processing of malformed ISDN Q931 SETUP messages. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending malformed Q931 SETUP message to be processed by a voice gateway. An exploit could allow the attacker to cause a reload of the affected device. Conditions: Cisco IOS device configured with ISDN interfaces for voice.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases