Cisco Bug: CSCus88031 - Magic Session ID allows unauthenticated Access to SOAP calls
Jun 29, 2018
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Version 10.5
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Version 11.0
Known Affected Releases
10.5(2) 11.0(1) 9.1(2)
Symptom: A vulnerability in the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) handler of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unified Presence (CUP) and Cisco Unified Communications IM & Presence Server could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to potentially disclose sensitive information. The vulnerability is due to use of hard-coded session identifiers utilized by administrative interfaces to retrieve user status information. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by leveraging the hard-coded session id's to disclose the session information. The vulnerability was reported to Cisco by Vantage Point. Conditions: Devices running an affected version of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and Cisco Unified IM & Presence.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases