Cisco Bug: CSCus79753 - Clarification on Password Security In VCS guide
Feb 26, 2015
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS)
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Model
- Cisco Expressway
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: It may not be understood from the VCS Admin guide that when a minimum number of a specific character type is configured in password security, for instance "Minimum number of digits" that this number of digits MUST be present whether or not a minimum number of character classes has been configured. However, when a minimum number of digits, minimum number of upper case characters, minimum number of lower case characters, or minimum number of special characters is configured, this number of these characters must be present regardless of any other settings. Conditions: VCS/Expressway being configured with password security.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases