Cisco Bug: CSCus61290 - Unable to change subject value for cup-xmpp (and other) CSR
Mar 16, 2018
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Version 10.5
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Version 9.1
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Version 10.0
Known Affected Releases
10.0(1) 10.5(1) 10.5(2) 9.1(1) 9.1(2)
Symptom: Unable to modify the subject value used when generating the CUCM Instance Messaging and Presence certificates and certificate signing requests (csr). Conditions: The IM&P security certificates and certificate signing requests (csr) have their subject name automatically generated using the server's hostname or FQDN, and the options specified at install (organizational unit, organizational name, location of organization, state of organization, and country) The tomcat certificate can have these options changed (except country) via the OS Admin CLI, set web-security command. However for other security certificates, there currently is no way to change these other options without re-installing the CUCM Instance Messaging and Presence server. This prevents administrators from obtaining signed certificates from some Certificate Authorities.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases