Cisco Bug: CSCus57904 - Sup2T Configuration Locked when RMON Configured
Jul 05, 2018
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 2T
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 / MSFC3
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: On a 6500/Sup2T setup, the user will be prevented from entering configuration mode or be kicked out of configuration mode when trying to paste in a large amount of configuration with an error similar to the following: Config session is locked by process '485', user will be pushed back to exec mode. Command execution is locked, Please try later. The process ID number can vary. When looking to see what process is associated with the process ID, using "show processes", the process is "SNMP Timers": Switch#show processes | include 485 364 Mwe 7664FB8 0 3 024856/26000 0 NF MGMT Service 485 Mwe 58F6780 172 24131 723648/26000 0 SNMP Timers 635 Mwe 7CA0BA8 12516 3449 362824852/26000 0 Env Poll 701 Mwe 7944854 0 1 025596/26000 0 SI L2 Applicatio Conditions: "rmon collection" configuration must be present on some interfaces of the switch.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases