Cisco Bug: CSCus57661 - 6500 | SSH - Banner Diplays "$(hostname).$(domain)"
Mar 07, 2018
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco Catalyst 6880-X Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 2T
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 / MSFC3
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: When trying to SSH into the switch, we see the following - "$(hostname).$(domain)", xyz@noc:~$ ssh sw.b1 $(hostname).$(domain) contact: email@example.com However, when we Telnet in to the switch, it displays correctly - "sw.b1.vh.hbone.hu";, xyz@noc:~$ telnet sw.b1 sw.b1.vh.hbone.hu contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Conditions: The issue was reported by the customer on Platform : Cat6500 (WS-SUP720-3B) Image : 15.1(2)SY3
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases