Cisco Bug: CSCus15440 - Cisco RV016 Deterministic TLS Public Key Vulnerability
May 19, 2017
- Cisco Small Business RV Series Routers
- Cisco RV082 Dual WAN VPN Router
- Cisco RV042 Dual WAN VPN Router
- Cisco RV016 Multi-WAN VPN Router
Known Affected Releases
220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168-tm 22.214.171.124
Symptoms: A vulnerability in the HTTPS session key exchange process of the Cisco RV016 Multi-WAN VPN Router could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to to obtain the key pair used in the TLS session from the affected device.. The vulnerability is due to insufficient sources of entropy used by the random number generator. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by gathering large amounts of TLS handshake data to predict the random numbers generated for the key pair. An exploit could allow the attacker to decrypt session data between a host and the affected device. Conditions: Device running a default configuration with an affected version of software.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases