Cisco Bug: CSCus03707 - OSPF stub route not installed in the RIB with overlapping subnets
Nov 15, 2018
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco Catalyst 6880-X Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 2T
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 / MSFC3
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: An IOS OSPF router is not installing a stub network into the routing table. The route is known from a Type 1 router LSA. Conditions: The problem is triggered by having multiple overlapping subnets advertised as stub networks in Type 1 router LSA's from different OSPF routers. For example, Router1, Router2 advertise a /26 for the subnet, and Router3 and Router4 are advertising a /28 for the subnet. On the other routers in the OSPF area, the /28 network is not installed into the routing table. Mandatory conditions to hit the problem: 1. In one OSPF area Router LSAs of routers contain overlapping prefixes 2. At least one of the prefixes is advertised by multiple routers.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases