Cisco Bug: CSCur63497 - IM&P server is vulnerable to user enumeration
Jan 31, 2017
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Version 9.1
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: A vulnerability in the web framework of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to enumerate valid user accounts. The vulnerability is due to improper sanitization of a returned message. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending crafted URL requests to a vulnerable device. Conditions: Devices running an affected version of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases