Cisco Bug: CSCur05027 - Loopback error occurs when keepalive packet is looped back to the port.
Apr 13, 2018
- Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 2960X-48LPS-L Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 2960X-24PD-L Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 2960X-24PS-L Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 2960S-24PD-L Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 2960XR-48FPS-I Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 2960XR-24TD-I Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 2960X-48TD-L Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 2960X-24TS-LL Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 2960S-48LPS-L Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Loopback error occurs when keepalive packet is looped back to the uplink port.The following error is detected on ten GigabitEthernet SFP ports with fiber SFP: ETHCNTR-3-LOOP_BACK_DETECTED & PM-4-ERR_DISABLE loopback error. Conditions: By default, the loopback and keepalives should be disabled on fiber and cooper uplink ports. This issue impacts Catalyst 2960X and 6800IA platforms.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases