Cisco Bug: CSCuq20610 - Hourly logs is filling up disk space to 100% on MSE
Sep 23, 2016
- Cisco Mobility Services Engine
Known Affected Releases
1. Stop the MSE cleanly (i.e. "service msed stop" from the command line), 2. Delete the log files folder "rm -rf /opt/mse/logs/hourly" 3. Delete the problematic script "rm -rf /opt/mse/framework/bin/mse-vital-stats.sh" 4. [optional] Remove the crontab entry for mse-vital-stats.sh by opening "crontab -e" and then deleting the line that has mse-vital-stats.sh. 5. Then restart the MSE (i.e. "service msed start"). Symptom:When wIPS is enabled on the MSE, hourly logs may fill the disk space to 100%, causing the MSE to fail. Conditions:MSE version is 184.108.40.206. wips service is enabled. The problem is not applicable for MSE versions where only cas is enabled.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases