Cisco Bug: CSCuq20610 - Hourly logs is filling up disk space to 100% on MSE
Sep 11, 2019
- Cisco Mobility Services Engine
Known Affected Releases
1. Stop the MSE cleanly (i.e. "service msed stop" from the command line), 2. Delete the log files folder "rm -rf /opt/mse/logs/hourly" 3. Delete the problematic script "rm -rf /opt/mse/framework/bin/mse-vital-stats.sh" 4. [optional] Remove the crontab entry for mse-vital-stats.sh by opening "crontab -e" and then deleting the line that has mse-vital-stats.sh. 5. Then restart the MSE (i.e. "service msed start"). Symptom:When wIPS is enabled on the MSE, hourly logs may fill the disk space to 100%, causing the MSE to fail. Conditions:MSE version is 188.8.131.52. wips service is enabled. The problem is not applicable for MSE versions where only cas is enabled.
Related Community Discussions
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases