Cisco Bug: CSCuq18457 - ERSPAN does not work with an IPv6 destination address
Sep 09, 2019
- Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 9396PX Switch
- Cisco Nexus 9504 Switch
- Cisco Nexus 9508 Switch
- Cisco Nexus 93128TX Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Cannot configure IPv6 address as destination for ERSPAN - see below from customer switches in clusters that will be ipv6-only. What I see for ERSPAN is: # conf t monitor session 4 type erspan-source destination ip 2401:db00:2111:f003:face:0:39:0 % Invalid ip address at destination ? ip Configure remote IP address Conditions: Its not supported because ASIC cannot do it. This needs to be documented.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases