Cisco Bug: CSCup78975 - MALLOC_FAILED errors generated with 'mcastfwd' process
Sep 09, 2019
- Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 5548P Switch
- Cisco Nexus 5596UP Switch
- Cisco Nexus 5020 Switch
- Cisco Nexus 5548UP Switch
- Cisco Nexus 5010 Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: A Nexus switch may exhibit MALLOC_FAILED errors in the 'mcastfwd' process similar to the following - %MCASTFWD-4-SYSLOG_SL_MSG_WARNING: MCASTFWD-3-MALLOC_FAILED: message repeated 18 times in last 10 sec %MCASTFWD-3-MALLOC_FAILED: mcastfwd  m_copyin failed in mfwd_ip_main() Conditions: There are generated within the process while memory and IGMP statistics may not show any issues.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases