Cisco Bug: CSCup24634 - Removing BGP password clears all password settings from listener socket
Feb 16, 2018
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 4-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 9-Slot Switch
Known Affected Releases
6.1(1) 6.1(4) 6.2(8)S35
Symptom: Once in problem state, BGP sessions would not be able to come up after reset sessions. Reset triggers include: - clear ip bgp * - interface flap Conditions: - Password is configured under some neighbors on both sides - Remove password from at least one BGP neighbor on both sides. This can be triggered by issue "no password" under neighbor or "no neighbor x.x.x.x"
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases