Cisco Bug: CSCup03216 - 8945 phone on VPN will not migrate between CUCM clusters using ALT TFTP
Aug 09, 2018
- Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series
- Cisco Unified IP Phone 6941
- Cisco Unified IP Phone 6961
- Cisco Unified IP Phone 8945
- Cisco Unified IP Phone 8941
- Cisco Unified IP Phone 6921
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: SCCP & SIP 8945 on 9-4-1SR1 makes no attempt to pull a configuration file when changing Alt TFTP while on a remote VPN connection when migrating from one CUCM cluster to another behind the same ASA. After changing the ALT TFTP setting on the phone, and pressing "Erase" to erase ITL file, the phone pulls a TFTP, ITL, config, and all other needed files from the original TFTP server to which it is setup. Conditions: I configured single CUCM Clusters 11 & 12. (CUCM cluster 126.96.36.199 and CUCM cluster 188.8.131.52) with identical configurations behind the same ASA 5520. Registered the same phone to CUCM-11 on both the inside and outside. Then registered the same phone to CUCM-12 on both the inside and outside. In trying to migrate the phone from CUCM-11 to CUCM 12, or from CUCM-12 to CUCM-11. The phone makes no attempt to contact the TFTP server for the IP address listed in it's ALT TFTP.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases