Cisco Bug: CSCuo35640 - VCS use UDP as fallback on dns zone even though UDP is turned off
Jun 06, 2014
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS)
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Model
- Cisco Expressway
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: VCS use UDP as fallback protocol on dns zone even though UDP is turned off under SIP configuration. Conditions: When VCS is upgraded from VCS x7.2.2 to x8.1 or x8.1.1 it uses default protocol as UDP under DNS Zone even though UDP is turned off under the SIP global configuration. The document and help page on the VCS says below. "Fallback transport protocol The transport type to use for SIP calls from the DNS zone, when DNS NAPTR records and SIP URI parameters do not provide the preferred transport information. The default is UDP (if enabled)."
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases