Cisco Bug: CSCuo20281 - MVPN (S,G)Join not triggered for PIM SM when receivers leave and join.
Aug 14, 2017
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-FS-D Router
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-F-D Router
- Cisco ASR 901-4C-FT-D Router
- Cisco ME 3600X-24TS-M Switch
- Cisco ASR 901S-4SG-F-D Router
- Cisco ASR 901S-2SG-F-AH Router
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-F-A Router
- Cisco ASR 901S-2SG-F-D Router
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-FT-A Router
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: This occurs when receivers leave and later rejoin the multicast groups in the vrf. Triggered S,G joins are not sent towards source in MVPN scenario, when the S,G entry is created inside the vrf through MDT data mapping. The LHR in this case sends a SGR prune towards the RP across the core but does not send a SG join towards the FHR. This leads to intermittent traffic loss of up to a minute in certain certain topology. Conditions: Sparse mode of MVPN, Separate PE's for RP and Source. Receiver leaves the group and rejoins immediately.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases