Cisco Bug: CSCuo04569 - SSTE: LLDP agent crash when sending malformed MA TLV
Nov 15, 2018
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- Cisco NCS 6008 - 8-Slot Chassis
- Cisco IOS XR Software
Known Affected Releases
Symptoms: A vulnerability in Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) in Cisco IOS XR could allow an unauthenticated, adjacent attacker to cause a partial denial of service on the affected device. The vulnerability is due to incorrect handling of malformed LLDP packets. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending a malformed LLDP packet destined to a switch when LLDP is enabled on an affected device. Conditions: Device configured with default configuration.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases