Cisco Bug: CSCuo02567 - root access not available over ssh but is over console and telnet
Nov 27, 2020
- Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 9396PX Switch
- Cisco Nexus 9504 Switch
- Cisco Nexus 9508 Switch
- Cisco Nexus 93128TX Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: The admin user can not use sudo to switch users to root on a secure shell (SSH) session. The admin user can switch users to root on the console and on a telnet session. Conditions: The bash feature needs to be enabled for root access to be available. Root access is only available to the admin user, it is not role based. Root access via telnet requires the telnet feature is enabled.
Related Community Discussions
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases