Cisco Bug: CSCun96416 - DAO: Zero Mac advertised to ESX to VC- VMware DCPN no 17237
Jul 17, 2019
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch for VMware vSphere
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
- Cisco Application Virtual Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: 1. Traffic from a VM port does not work. 2. 'vemcmd show port' lists that port in BLK (blocked) state. 3. 'vemcmd show pd-port' displays that port as having zero MAC address. Conditions: This problem happens with e1000 vnic type, but not vmxnet3 vnic. Also, it typically occurs when tens of VM ports are brought up together in the VEM, such as after bulk VM power on or bulk VMotion. It may also happen after a VEM upgrade when many VMs are brought into the upgraded host.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases