Cisco Bug: CSCun60007 - %SYS-2-GETBUF: Bad getbuffer Process= "cpf_msg_rcvq_process"
Feb 14, 2018
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco ME 6524-GS Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 32 / MSFC2A
- Cisco ME 6524-GT Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 / MSFC3
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: A Catalyst 6509-E VSS running 12.2(33)SXI9 may see the below message prior to a crash: %SYS-2-GETBUF: Bad getbuffer, bytes= <snip> -Process= "cpf_msg_rcvq_process", ipl= 0, pid= 83 The size of the buffer requested in this instance was 3014752 bytes which is not possible. Conditions: Not known at this time.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases