Cisco Bug: CSCun27512 - Nexus: reload due to PIM process crash
Aug 28, 2020
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 9-Slot Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: A Nexus device may reload. Last reload reason is seen as "pim hap reset": Nexus# show system reset-reason ----- reset reason for Supervisor-module 1 (from Supervisor in slot 1) --- 1) At 62610 usecs after Mon Dec 9 16:35:07 2013 Reason: Reset triggered due to HA policy of Reset Service: pim hap reset Version: <version goes here> Conditions: PIM is configured. The crash occurs when a particular timing condition is encountered during the processing of PIM Join and Prune messages.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases