Cisco Bug: CSCun06558 - Insecure Permissions on PAM configuration files
Aug 06, 2018
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 4-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 9-Slot Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Cisco NX-OS based devices utilize the Linux Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM) for authentication to the device. The PAM configuration files are not accessible from the user interface of the device and should be properly hardened to ensure unauthorized modification can not be done if a user was to break out of the user interface. This bug documents changing the file permissions on these files to more secure defaults. Conditions: Devices running an affected version of Cisco NX-OS software.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases