Cisco Bug: CSCum92892 - CUP or IM/P switch version failure due to 'Version Mismatch Error'
Aug 15, 2019
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Version 9.1
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Version 10.0
- Cisco Unified Presence Version 8.6
Known Affected Releases
10.0(1) 8.6(5) 9.1(1)
Originally found during development. Symptom: In a CUP or IM/P multi-node cluster deployment, administrator attempts to switch version Subscriber node from Cisco OS Administration or Command Line Interface (CLI) results in the following error causing switch version operation to fail. ERROR: Version mismatch. Primary host "host.cisco.com" is running version 188.8.131.5200-2. Please switch versions on "host.cisco.com" and try again. Conditions: This problem does happen ONLY on a CUP or IM/P Subscriber during 1) Manual forward switch (from a lower software version to a higher software version). Assumption is that CUP or IM/P Publisher node has already been switched version to the relevant software version. 1) Manual switch back (from a higher software version to a lower software version). Assumption is that CUP or IM/P Publisher node has already been switched version to the relevant software version. Versions: Switch Back issue: 8.6.5/8.6.5 SU1/ 8.6.5SU2 -> 8.6.x 9.1.1/9.1.1 SU1 -> 8.6.x Switch Forward issue: 8.6.5/8.6.5 SU1/ 8.6.5SU2 -> Any higher version 9.1.1/9.1.1 SU1 -> Any higher version
Related Community Discussions
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases