Cisco Bug: CSCum91206 - TACACS Acct error can cause "All servers failed to respond" syslog
May 27, 2020
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 4-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 9-Slot Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: %TACACS-3-TACACS_ERROR_MESSAGE: All servers failed to respond Conditions: A TACACS related error is generated when we enter a large and complicated command for example the following: echo po21,po22,po23,po24 | tr ',' '\n' | sed 's/^/show port-channel database interface /' | vsh | grep "Ethernet.*/.*up" | sed 's/^.*Ethe/show cdp neigh int Ethe/'| sed 's/\[.*$//' | vsh | egrep "name" | cut -d '-' -f 1 | sort -u | egrep -c "abc123" | egrep -c "^1$" 0 switch# 2014 Jan 1 1:32:50 switch %VSHD-5-VSHD_SYSLOG_CONFIG_I: Configured from vty by admin on vsh.10929 2014 Jan 1 1:34:55 switch %VSHD-5-VSHD_SYSLOG_CONFIG_I: Configured from vty by admin on vsh.10933 2014 Jan 1 1:36:59 switch %TACACS-3-TACACS_ERROR_MESSAGE: All servers failed to respond When using commands as long as the one shown here.. this issue is seen.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases