Cisco Bug: CSCum77039 - CUCM CLI Guide: Unable to run SysAgent Tasks from CLI
Nov 30, 2018
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)
- Cisco Business Edition 6000 Version 8.5
- Cisco Business Edition 5000 Version 8.5
- Cisco Business Edition 6000 Version 8.6
- Cisco Unity Connection Version 8.5
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 8.5
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: In older versions of CUC 8.5 and CUC 8.6 - SysAgent Tasks cannot be run from CLI, admin:run cuc sysagent task CleanDeletedMessagesTask Command failed. This is a generic message which does not tell why it failed. From CLI logs, 2013-12-20 08:39:15,723 DEBUG [ClassExecutionThread] - Running 'sudo -u cusysagent /opt/cisco/connection/bin/runSysAgentTasks.sh -n com.cisco.unity.UmssSysAgentTasks.CleanDeletedMessagesTask' 2013-12-20 08:39:17,976 ERROR [ClassExecutionThread] - Command failed: 134: /opt/cisco/connection/bin/runSysAgentTasks.sh: line 3: 25430 Aborted (core dumped) java -cp $(xml sel -t -m /AppCfg/ClassPaths/ClassPath -o ':' -v @Path $CU_HOME/share/CuSysAgentCfg.xml) com.cisco.unity.sysagent.util.TaskRunner $@ The scheduled tasks run fine. The issue is only with running the command from CLI. Conditions: Only for older versions of CUC 8.5 / 8.6. Latest ES releases have a different task name which works fine. To get the exact task name run - "show cuc sysagent task list"
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases