Cisco Bug: CSCum75740 - 1500-byte packets with df-bit set are dropped on a PE
Jun 12, 2018
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco ME 6524-GS Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 32 / MSFC2A
- Cisco ME 6524-GT Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 / MSFC3
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: PE drops incoming packets received on a PE-CE interface if the size is greater than 1493 bytes. At the time, PE returns ICMP error complaining fragmentation is required. Conditions: The problem is seen when the following conditions are met. -The packet is routed to a single hop MPLS-TE tunnel. -The packet is process-switched for some reason.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases