Cisco Bug: CSCum54502 - sysName OID is truncated to 32 characters
Apr 16, 2018
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 4-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 9-Slot Switch
Known Affected Releases
5.2(4) 6.1(4a) 6.2(2a)S19
Symptom: The FQDN switch name reported by SNMP is truncated to 32 characters. For example: host# snmpwalk -c public -v 2c switch7890123456789012345 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: switch7890123456789012 Conditions: This issue only applies to the FQDN of a switch when it is reported by SNMP. This includes 'get'-ing MIB objects and traps that should contain the FQDN switch name.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases