Cisco Bug: CSCum33167 - When PPPoE-IA is enabled, switch fwds PADR/PADT pkts to untrusted port.
Jan 31, 2017
- Cisco ME 2600X Series Ethernet Access Switches
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-FS-D Router
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-F-D Router
- Cisco ME 3600X-24TS-M Switch
- Cisco ASR 901S-4SG-F-D Router
- Cisco ASR 901-4C-FT-D Router
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-F-A Router
- Cisco ASR 901S-2SG-F-AH Router
- Cisco ASR 901S-2SG-F-D Router
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-FT-A Router
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: When PPPoE-IA is enabled, a Cisco switch forwards PADR/PADT packets to an untrusted port. Conditions: This symptoms occurs under the following conditions: -Configure PPPoE IA globally on node 1. -Configure service instance on interface gig0/1,gig 0/2 and gig 0/3. -Configure PPPoE IA on the interface and on the service instance. -Configure gig 0/1 and gig 0/3 as an untrusted port and gig 0/2 as a trusted port. -Send a PADI Packet from client 1 and send a PADO packet from the server. The PADO packet is received on client 2, but it should be received only on client 1. Send a PADR packet from client 1, client 2 also receives the packet. But it should not receive the packet. The PADR/PADT packet should be forwarded only to a trusted port.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases