Cisco Bug: CSCum32379 - Documentation BUG - VRRP Primary Address must be different than any IP
Mar 16, 2014
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 9-Slot Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Current VRRP configuration guides state that the VRRP Primary Address (Virtual IP) must be the same as one of the Physical IP address of the devices participating in VRRP. This is incorrect. The VRRP IP (Virtual IP) MUST be different than any Physical IP, otherwise the ARP / MAC entries will be corrupted and lead to forwarding problems. Conditions: The VRRP Primary Address (Virtual IP) is the same as one of the Physical IP address of the devices participating in VRRP.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases