Cisco Bug: CSCum15770 - Secondary IP configured under HSRP group causes proxy-ARP failure
Feb 13, 2018
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 9-Slot Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Proxy-ARP fails when secondary address configured under HSRP group Conditions: In 5.x.x release, we do not support proxy-ARP under interfaces configured for MHSRP. However, when customer has only one HSRP group configured, but has secondary ip configured under the HSRP group, that is also treated as MHSRP as the 'vaddr' count increments to 2. This causes proxy-ARP to fail, as in 5.2.x, we check for 'vaddr' to be 1, and we being hsrp active, to respond to proxy-ARP.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases